Thursday 12 January 2012

Job opportunity with local artist


I am looking for a small-business manager/administrator for initially one day a week (from March/April 2012) to keep me and my accounts organised, look after visitors to my studio and help develop my growing business as part of a small team.

The ideal person will like organising, working with the public, getting detail right and developing creative ideas. You will need good IT skills for book-keeping and accounts (Excel), managing the mailing list (email), stock-keeping and ordering supplies.

The job is based in my open studio at Levisham Station, although some home-working on accounts and projects is possible by agreement. A typical day involves dealing with phone calls and post, meeting visitors, ensuring they enjoy their visit, and processing resulting sales of paintings, prints and cards. Heavy and pushy selling techniques are not required - visitors to the studio enjoy a no-pressure environment where they are enabled to buy pictures they like.

While in the studio you would invoice for work, update annual accounts and prepare them for submission to my accountant, log and manage weekly expenses, and manage and record all sales, including spreadsheets for limited edition prints.

There is potential for involvement in exhibitions, running projects such as group visits and painting expeditions, marketing the website and other initiatives as we seek to expand sales away from the studio.

You can visit my website here.

If interested, please email me at chris@warehouseart.com to arrange an informal discussion at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment